As you go through the process to immigrate to Montreal, Ometz Services for Newcomers can provide essential referrals, guidance and support to help you make a new life with the tools you need.
Our goal is to help you settle and integrate into our larger community.
Visits and referrals for people immigrating to Montreal:
- Exploratory visit: During this one-on-one information meeting, newcomers can find out about Montreal neighbourhoods and schools. You can learn about the local Jewish community, find out about employment services, and get a referral to an external professional.
- We can also refer you to the right resource for questions about how to sponsor a spouse or relative, get permanent residence status, or get a work permit.
These four sessions cover topics that really matter to you:
- Session 1: Learn more about Ometz and how to access public services, like medical services and the child tax benefit.
- Session 2: Discover Montreal’s Jewish community.
- Session 3: Find out how to network and get a job.
- Session 4: Learn about your rights and responsibilities as a newcomer to Canada.
Settlement services and integration activities:
- Cultural, social and educational activities
- Jewish holiday celebrations such as Hanukkah
- Family trips and outings, often with a cultural component
- Young adult social and networking activities with local Montrealers
- Activities for children
- Find a job with employment services
- Attend French/English language courses and conversation clubs
Are you a newcomer from France? Learn more about the Initiative France Montréal.
You can also visit our page of links to other community and government sites and services:
Ometz is accredited by the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (Quebec’s Ministry of Immigration) to provide these settlement and integration support services.
For more information about our services for newcomers,
You may also be interested in: