The Ometz scholarship is an opportunity for the agency to recognize and support our newcomers in the pursuit of their goals and ambitions. One of our main objectives is to assist newcomers to become autonomous and engaged members of our community.
- Have immigrated to Canada within the last ten years, be residing in Quebec and be members of the Jewish community
- Be permanent residents or Canadian citizens
- Be students accepted at the college or university level or in professional/vocational training programs in 2017-2018
- Age is not a factor in the selection process
- Previous winners of an Ometz scholarship will not be eligible
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates who volunteer in the community. This application will only be considered if all of the following documents are provided
- Official school transcript (most recent marks)
- Acceptance letter from an academic institution
- Personal statement- personal statement that identifies your future career plan, your academic goals, and anything you would like to add
- Copy of your immigration papers (proof of permanent residency or Canadian citizenship)
- Two letters of reference
Applications must be postmarked on or before August 4, 2017.
Late entries and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Click here to view the application form.
You may also be interested in: