Integration Support for New Immigrants
At Ometz, we understand that integrating into a new community can be a challenge. From finding work to making new friends, new immigrants have to start over in several ways. This is why we offer a variety of services and programs, most at no cost, to help new immigrants find and develop the skills and network they need to succeed in Canada.
Contact us for more information on our integration programs and how we can help you settle your family in Montreal.
Getting Settled in Montreal
Our highly-trained team of settlement counsellors works with clients during their first 3 years in Quebec. Our professionals offer ongoing support to ensure that you successfully integrate into Quebec and Montreal society, and the Jewish community. Our counsellors assist new arrivals with their immediate concrete needs while providing services such as:
- Comprehensive welcome program – contact us to register
- Short and long-term guidance in choosing housing, schools, and employment
- Programs for families and children
- Acquiring French and/or English language skills
- Information on other services
- Referrals to other community groups and government agencies
Integrating into the Montreal Community
Our Integration Services Department offers programs and activities to clients during their first 5 years in Canada. We provide opportunities to gain the knowledge, skills and resources needed to succeed. Programs include:
- Cultural, social and educational outings and activities
- Information and orientation sessions on various aspects of life in Montreal
- Language training
Contact us for more information on these and other settlement and integration programs.