What to expect
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Finance and Administration Officer (CFAO) serves as a business partner to the CEO on the financial and administrative processes of Ometz, with an eye to continuously developing and improving systems. As a member of the Senior Management Team, the CFAO plays a key strategic role in ensuring the agency’s overall success and fulfilment of its mission.
The CFAO will manage and build upon operational infrastructure and systems including finance, accounting, risk management, Information Technology,(IT), Human Resources (HR), and physical infrastructure.
The CFAO will also be involved in the implementation of new points of service at different sites, further to the expansion of Ometz.
- Direct and ensure that the organization’s business practices (financial operations, administrative operations, information technology (IT)) are efficient and support the agency’s strategy, and that strong administrative systems enable the work of the organization and its employees.
- Manage and lead the following teams: Finance/Accounting, IT, Administrative Support and HR.
- Partner with colleagues across the organization and interact with Board Members on various projects.
- Oversee budgeting and financial forecasting to monitor progress and present operational metrics both internally and externally.
- Manage the organization’s physical infrastructure, physical plant, and systems maintenance (hours of operations, phone system, and security, etc…).
- Minimally a Bachelor’s degree in finance or business administration, an MBA and/or CPA would be an asset
- Five to eight years of demonstrated professional experience in financial management and administration, preferably in the not-for-profit sector
- Experience working closely with the CEO, Senior Management, a board of directors, and auditors (external and government)
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven effectiveness leading teams/personnel and management of workflow in finance and accounting, IT, HR and administration
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems
- Technologically savvy
- Flexible and self-starter, able to multitask while also being highly detail-oriented
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to the mission of Ometz
- Experience working in or knowledge of the Jewish community
The selected candidate will need to undergo a background check.
Please submit your CV and letter of interest to [email protected] by Friday, February 14.
Back to Careers