Summer 2023 / 8-week contract
What to expect
Ometz has partnered with YM-YWHA Y City Day Camp and the University of Toronto to offer Small Steps, a unique program that brings together specialized services and a whole camp experience offering therapeutic support to children who experience mild to moderate delays. The Clinical Speech (SLP) Supervisor oversees the SLP graduate student stagiaires who will be working with children between the ages of 6 to 9 years old. .
|TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Screen camper applicants-collect consent forms and help track all steps of camper intake
- Co-ordinate registration with day camp
- Meet with parents, inform them about the program
- Plan education and training for interns
- Manage resource assessment materials and therapy equipment
- Supervise students throughout their placement
- Support students with diagnostic assessment and screening tools as well as developing treatment plans
- Assess student learning
- Conduct diagnostic assessments, and develop treatment plan for campers
- Consult and collaborate with OT
- Conduct post-camp evaluation and summary of the program
- Participate in post-camp feedback meeting
- M.Sc. A. (Speech Language Pathology)
- Minimum 2 years pediatric working experience
- Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong organizational skills.
- Bilingual: English and French. We require English communication skills due to the majority of our clientele being English speaking.
- This position requires the selected applicant to undergo a vulnerable sector police check.
Please submit your CV and letter of interest by
Back to Careers