Small Steps Occupational Therapy and Speech program
Summer 2020 / 7-12 weeks contract
What to expect
Ometz has partnered with YCC day camp to offer Small Steps, a unique program that brings together specialized services and a whole camp experience offering therapeutic supports to children who experience mild to moderate delays.
The Therapeutic Summer Speech Program Supervisor supervises the stage of speech therapy graduate students for children between the ages of 4-10 years old.
- Screen applications, collect consents and help track all steps of intake, & co-ordinate registration with day camp
- Meet with parents, inform them about the program, pre-and post-camp
- Plan student education and training for stages
- Manage resources assessment materials and therapy equipment
- Supervise students throughout placements
- Support student earning and experience with diagnostic assessment and screening tools and develop treatment plans
- Conduct diagnostic assessments, and develop treatment plan for campers
- Consult and collaborate with OT’s group therapy and social skills group
- Assess student learning
- Supervision: 12 weeks, starting with 5 weeks, 2 days direct supervision, 2 days indirect, followed by 1 week of pre-camp, 6 weeks of direct supervision.
- M.Sc.A. (Speech Language Pathology)
- Minimum 2 years pediatric working experience
- Experience working in multidisciplinary team
- Strong organizational skills Bilingualism an asset
This position requires the selected applicant to undergo vulnerable sector police check.
Please submit your CV and letter of interest by February 16, 2020
Download PDF Apply Today
Back to Careers