Small Steps is monitoring the current situation. The health and well-being of our campers and staff are being prioritized. At this time, we are accepting registrations for the 2020 edition of Small Steps, until further notice.
We wish you well and look forward to speaking to you.
Ometz partners with the YCC Day Camp to provide the Small Steps Program, which helps children with mild to moderate neurodevelopmental challenges to develop skills and make friends in a world of exploration and growth.
A whole community helps
To provide these services, Ometz professionals train and supervise McGill master’s-level interns in occupational therapy and speech-language pathology.
Over seven weeks, these students work with kids at the YCC Day Camp to make sure they have fun as they work on their specific challenges.
Who the Small Steps Program is for:
The Small Steps Program is accessible for children who attend the YCC Day Camp and who need specialized support.
It is aimed at children ages 4 to 10 who have:
- Difficulties with transition skills (graduating from daycare to classroom), such as an inability to sit still, tie their shoelaces, write the alphabet or play well with peers.
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), without major behavioural issues.
- Gross and fine motor skills delays.
- Mild to moderate speech delays.
Before registering your child in our program, parents must:
- Submit a formal summary report from a speech therapist, occupational therapist or psychologist.
- Have your child screened ($100 fee) to see whether the program fits their needs.
The Ometz Small Steps Program won an Award for Community Service from the Federation CJA in 2014.
You may also be interested in: