The Ometz scholarship is an opportunity for the agency to recognize and support our newcomers in the pursuit of their goals and ambitions. One of our main objectives is to assist newcomers to become engaged members of our community.
- Be permanent residents, Canadian citizens or on study permits
- Have immigrated to Canada within the last ten years, be currently residing in Quebec and be members of the Jewish community
- Be students registered in a full-time college or university level or in professional/vocational training programs in 2019-2020
- Age is not a factor in the selection process
- Previous recipients are ineligible
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates who volunteer in the community.
All of the following documents must be provided for this application to be considered
- Official school transcript (most recent marks)
- Acceptance letter from an academic institution
- Personal statement that identifies your future career plan, your academic goals, and anything you would like to add
- Copy of proof of permanent residency or Canadian citizenship or study permit
- Two letters of reference
Applications must be postmarked on or before August 15th, 2019.
Late entries and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Click here to view the application form.
You may also be interested in: