Part Time – 10 month contract
The Ometz School Counsellor provides support, consultation and collaborative leadership to schools, administrators, staff, families and students with the express goal of enhancing student school functioning.
• Psychosocial assessment of students and families around school-related issues
• Formulation and implementation of school and classroom based intervention plans
• Ongoing counselling with students/families
• Consultation and collaboration with administrators and staff around both individual students and global school issues
• Group work/workshops with students/classes, parents or staff, as needed
• Crisis intervention
• Professional degree (master’s level or equivalent) in a related mental health field
• Knowledge of child development and family systems
• Knowledge of group work
• Knowledge of school systems
• Fluent English and French
• Eligibility for appropriate order membership
Please submit a letter of interest and CV to Joanne Baskin, Manager, School Services at email@example.com
This position requires the candidate undergo a vulnerable sector police check.
We thank all candidates for submitting their résumés.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.