Small Steps OT and Speech Summer Camp – 2017
7-12 week contract
Ometz has partnered with YCC day camp and McGill University to offer Small Steps, a unique program that brings together specialized services and a whole camp experience offering therapeutic supports to children who experience mild to moderate delays.
The Therapeutic Summer Speech Program Supervisor supervises the final stage of speech therapy graduate students for children between the ages of 4-10 years old.
• Plan stagière education and training with OT supervisor
• Liaise with McGill School of Communication Sciences and Disorders to ensure that standards of stage are met
• Assist in screening appropriate campers
• Meet with parents, inform them about program, and conduct post camp feedback and surveys
• Manage resources, assessment materials and therapy equipment
• Supervise students throughout placement
• Support stagière learning with diagnostic assessment, screening tools and treatment plans
• Consult and collaborate with OT’s on group therapy
• Evaluate stagière learning
• M.Sc.A. (Speech Language Pathology)
• Minimum 2 years in pediatrics
• Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team
• Strong organizational skills
• Bilingualism an asset
Please submit your CV and letter of interest to
Deborah Groper | firstname.lastname@example.org
This position requires the selected applicant to undergo a vulnerable sector police check.
We thank all candidates for submitting their résumés.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.