4 days per week
1 year contract
The Employment Specialist – France Initiative’s role is to facilitate the job search process and the securing of jobs for potential and current French newcomers to Montreal through employment counselling and business development.
• Conduct interviews in order to assess the skills and abilities of French newcomers who are either here or still abroad
• Advise newcomers of the potential for securing employment in Montreal;
• Provide help with cv preparation, job search techniques and interview skills appropriate to the Montreal job market;
• Actively outreach to individuals and companies promoting the benefits of hiring newcomers from France;
• Develop a network of companies that will hire newcomers;
• Work as a team with immigration/integration worker and participate in the collaborative work of a Table of Community Professionals
• Develop and foster collaborative relationships with appropriate services and networks within Ometz and with other agencies and institutions in our community;
• Collaborate with the Federation marketing department in the development of the strategies and tools for outreach to the Montreal business community;
• Maintain files, create reports and provide data for current use and strategic planning for the future.
• Proven business development skills
• Established connections to individuals and businesses in order to source jobs an asset
• Relevant professional degree and/or strong experience in employment counselling or recruitment
• Understanding of the Jewish community and of society and culture in France
• Fluently bilingual
• Computer Skills: MS Office suite
• Dynamic, professional and organized
Please submit your CV and letter of interest by July 31, 2015 to
Tracey Patterson | firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for submitting their résumés.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.