Senior Secretary / Receptionist - temporary medical replacement
(33.5 hours per week, 1 hour for lunch unpaid)
Location: JEM Workshop, 8400 Mountain Sights
The position of Senior Secretary / Receptionist is of central importance to the JEM Workshop as it constitutes the first level of contact with the public including challenged "employees", customers, professionals, lay leaders and family members.
• Answers all calls and provides information or redirects calls to appropriate person.
• Opens and maintains employee files for each fiscal year. Maintains records of staff attendance, vacation and sick leave; opens records for new staff members, i.e. employment insurance and pension forms.
• Prepares a wide variety of document including invitations and thank you letters.
• Updates lists of employees for different events and assists in preparing for these events.
• Prepares letters to customers re: pricing, quotations, costs, description of jobs, purchase requests, sales reports, sales forecast and other business-related documents.
• Maintains all necessary files for the JEM Workshop
• Sorts mail; signs for packages and contacts recipient. Responds to special mailing/courier requests.
• Assures maintenance of adequate office supplies.
• Sends notices of committee meetings, makes follow-up phone calls to confirm attendance, arranges logistics and food and types minutes for meetings.
• CEGEP DEC at minimum in Secretarial Science or Office Administration an asset
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in performing secretarial and reception duties
• Computer proficient (Word and Excel) with typing skills of at least 45 wpm.
• Ability and ease dealing with challenged persons
• Ability to deal with public in a courteous and pleasant manner
• English and working knowledge of French is essential
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and CV to Tracey Patterson, email@example.com.