9 Month Full Time Contract
The Ometz Mental Health Case Manager assists adults living with severe mental illness in achieving their personal recovery goals by helping them connect to community, promoting autonomy and helping them equip themselves with necessary life and coping skills while offering ongoing support.
- Psycho-social assessment of clients and communication with families where authorized
- Individual support
- Ongoing financial assessment and budget support of clients where relevant
- Formulation of client-centered action plan in collaboration with public sector and other services including crisis intervention, ongoing support, advocacy and referrals
- Psycho-education around independent living skills
- Home visits and community based interventions
- Collaboration with diverse internal professionals within the team and agency and in particular with JEM workshop and supported employment team
- Consultation with other external professionals and systems;
- Identification of trends in requests and community needs;
- Fulfillment of all administrative and data requirements;
- Presentation of cases on internal and external committees;
- University degree in Social Work or equivalent;
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Fluently bilingual; written & spoken;
- Knowledge of mental health services and network;
- Strong organizational skills
Please submit your CV and letter of interest by January 20, 2017 to
Tracey Patterson | firstname.lastname@example.org
This position requires the selected applicant to undergo a vulnerable sector police check.
We thank all candidates for submitting their résumés.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.