12 month maternity leave contract
As part of the Immigration department, the Integration Worker supports the new immigrant’s integration into the Montreal and Jewish community by engaging newcomers into the social, political and cultural fabric of the local and greater community primarily through group activities such as educational programs, language courses, information sessions, social and cultural activities such as outings and trips.
• Create effective and innovative programs for newcomers with a view toward comfortable integration into the Montreal and Jewish community
• Oversee budgets, scheduling, registration, and all logistical details associated with programs
• Engage, work with and train volunteers
• Respond to newcomers by providing course training and program resources within Ometz and in Montreal
• Animate Welcome sessions as needed
• Work collaboratively within the immigration team and within the larger agency
• Collaborate with the Marketing Department to prepare appropriate materials
• Outreach to newcomers to promote programs and establish interest
• Fluent English, French and Russian. Hebrew is an asset.
• Knowledge of integration challenges, and needs of new immigrants
• Experience in planning and implementing programs, events, etc
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a helping profession
• University bachelor’s degree in a related field (human relations, social work, teaching)
• Word, Excel and Outlook
• Familiar with Jewish culture and community
• Available to work two evenings a week and occasional Sundays
Please submit your CV and letter of interest by October 15, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for submitting their résumés.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.