LOCATION: JEM Workshop
Junior Job Coach
(33.5 hours per week, ½ hour for lunch unpaid)
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Junior Job Coach for the JEM Workshop works diligently with the handicapped employees within a sheltered workshop environment.
The incumbent is assigned anywhere in the Workshop to provide support where most needed.
• Assists in supervision at breaks and lunch time.
• Assists foreman in set-ups if required.
• May replace the Senior Job Coach when absent or on other duties.
• Instructs and guides handicapped employees in acquiring technical and personal skills to achieve product goals.
• Inspects work performed by handicapped employees by checking quality, quantity and work methods used.
• Provides materials to handicapped employees to allow them to continue working.
• May create and/or conduct lunchtime activities including; art, physical education programs, games, bingo and extra work-time.
• Minimum educational requirements; DEC or technical certificate
• Professional or volunteer experience working with individuals with special needs
• Minimum 3 years of experience
• Excellent communicator in English, functional French
Please send a CV and letter of interest to email@example.com