1-School year contract (August 2021 to June 2022)
2.5 days a week (2 days at the school, 0.5 day at Ometz)
What to expect
As a member of a department offering cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary support services to schools, School Counsellor III will offer consultation, intervention and collaborative leadership to schools, administrators, staff, families and students with the express goal of enhancing student school functioning.
- Utilize a systems approach, conduct psychosocial assessment of students and families around school-related issues Identify issues underlying presenting conditions.
- Ongoing supportive counseling with referred students/families
- Consultation and collaboration with administrators and staff around both individual students and global school issues
- Co-ordination of Ometz supplementary services in the school
- Serving as a member of the school’s student services team
- Fulfilling administrative responsibilities as identified by department (assessments, referrals, and maintenance of dossiers on database)
- Formulate and implement school and classroom based intervention plans
- Participate in group work with students/classes, parents or staff, as needed
- Coordinate crisis intervention
- Present and take part in staff development programs with teachers/educators Facilitate parent workshops
- Supervise stagiaires
- Serve on agency departmental, interdepartmental, interagency and school committees
- Master degree in psychoeducation or in social work
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Expertise in child development and family systems
- Knowledge of group work
- Knowledge of school systems and school-related issues
- Knowledge of Jewish Community
- Fluency in French and functional in English Proficiency in MS Office applications and web based data entry
- Eligibility for appropriate professional order membership
This position requires the selected applicant to undergo vulnerable sector police check.
Please submit your CV and letter of interest by June 21, 2021.
Back to Careers