What to expect
Acting as digital client service point person within the Marketing and Communications department, the Social Media Strategist ensures efficient and effective planning, development, and execution of specific projects for internal clients & assists the Director, Strategic Initiatives in the development of the marketing strategy.
- Oversee the execution of social media which will include overseeing content calendars and support content marketing initiatives.
- Scheduling content across different platforms, including curating relevant external content and moderating online comments and messages.
- Planning and managing paid Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn content campaigns that deliver on business objectives.
- Streamline and innovate current reporting procedures to effectively communicate everything from brand health to social media analytics to key stakeholders.
- Assist on strategic projects that include components of brand development and enhancement.
- Support team with ad-hoc requests as needed.
- Create video for digital assets.
- Work with departments on strategic objectives that relate to achieving departmental and organizational milestones.
- Monitor trends in digital marketing and social media and establish and maintain a multi-channel content strategy to promote awareness of Ometz, its services and annual fundraising activities.
- Develop engaging content for digital channels, graphics, photo, and video. Attend events as needed and proactively leverage opportunities to create repurpose- able content.
- Liaising with internal clients from the front line social services to understand their marketing needs
- University degree in Communications, Business, Marketing, or a related discipline.
- 1-2 years of experience in marketing, brand management, or social media, preferably within a nonprofit organization
- Foundational understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Functional French and excellent English are essential.
- Persuasive communication skills and excellent written skills; demonstrated success writing and editing digital marketing content.
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to problem-solve and quickly identify different solutions.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, who can manage a range of responsibilities and multitask effectively.
- Strong project management skills, including organization and attention to detail.
|NOTES: THIS POSITION HAS YET TO BE APPROUVED
|The following are eligibility requirements dictated by the Canada Summer Jobs program. In order to apply for this position, you must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment;
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Please submit your CV and letter of interest
Back to Careers