Ometz offers a variety of training courses and workshops to help you with your professional development. For employers, we also offer customized corporate training workshops to meet your specialized business needs.
Ometz is recognized by Revenu Québec as a teaching establishment for training in employability. Tax receipts are available.
Below you will find an overview of our different courses and workshops. You can also check out our list of training courses or contact us for more information:
Online Resume/CV writing course
This online Resume/CV writing course offers an organized, reliable and strategic process to writing your Resume that you can complete from home whenever you choose.
Using this course you can:
- Complete your Resume in manageable small bites, rather than feel like you are taking on a stressful enormous task.
- Gain an understanding of how to tailor and target your Resume to the job you are seeking
- Create a Career Summary
- Choose the best Resume format to represent your skills and experience
- Understand and build accomplishment statements
- Identify and use key words from job postings
- Have access to downloadable and printable Resume samples and resources
- Work on your Resume while watching and listening to the course.
Personal Support Worker for Seniors: Specialization in Dementia
This 18-week program will teach you to become a personal support worker, specializing in working with dementia patients. This unique program combines theory, practice and work experience in the field. You will also receive coaching on how to start your own personal support worker for seniors business.
Training modules are led by professionals and include:
- Mental and physical health
- Dealing with family dynamics
- Communication skills
- Job search techniques
- Supervised field placements
Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive:
- CPR card from Heart and Stroke Foundation
- PDSB training card for performing safe transfers from ASSTSAS
- Core Training Program in Alzheimer Care from the Alzheimer Society of Montreal (16 hrs).
For more information click here.
To apply to this program click here.
The Ogenda is a guide published twice a year and provides an overview of the workshops, activities and training programs offered by Ometz. Our programs are designed for those who are seeking skills for life.
Click here to view a PDF version of the latest edition of The Ogenda.
How to register?
Sign up for any of our courses, workshops or events by clicking here.