A vibrant, growing community where people care for themselves and each other.
Agence Ometz is a Jewish human services agency offering social, employment and immigration services to help people fulfill their potential and to secure the growth and vibrancy of the Montreal community.
- Counselling services to help individuals and families with short-term crisis intervention or provide ongoing guidance and support
- Employment services for job seekers, including skills training and job search assistance
- Services for newcomers to Canada to help them build new lives in Montreal and connect to the community
- School workshops to help children and teens navigate their preschool, elementary and high school years
- L’Annexe: the Ometz Centre for Young Adults: a social service and community space open to everyone between the ages of 16 and 35
For 160 years, Ometz has been serving the needs of the Jewish community of Montreal. Beginning as three separate agencies, Jewish Employment Montreal (JEM), Jewish Family Services (JFS) and Jewish Immigration Aid Services (JIAS) joined together in 2008 to form the organization that we now know as Ometz. Ometz is the Hebrew word for courage and is a reflection of the courage of those who seek our support in transforming their lives.
Today, reaching almost 12,000 people annually, we provide intervention, prevention, support services and programs to enhance our clients' quality of life. Our mission is to deliver accessible, confidential, personalized and culturally sensitive services based on Jewish values. Our staff members are responsive, compassionate, engaged, inspiring-and sensitive to the cultural and language needs of our diverse community.
Ometz is the Hebrew word for courage and is a reflection of the courage of those who seek our support in transforming their lives. Our work is guided by the following core values:
- Self-Sufficiency: By engaging our clients—whether individuals or families—to actively participate in the choices that lead to a more productive, meaningful life.
- Inclusivity: By welcoming and embracing everyone, without regard to race, religion, language, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other factor.
- Human Dignity: By appreciating the uniqueness of each individual and interacting with sensitivity, empathy and non-judgment.
- Caring Communities: By creating social, emotional and cultural links, often with community partners, to engage those who might otherwise be isolated or feel disconnected.
- Excellence: By upholding the highest professional standards and committing to life-long learning, renewal and innovation.
At Ometz, you don’t have to go it alone!
We provide a single point of entry to efficient, effective and connected community services. Our clients are better equipped to cope with life’s challenges because we work together as a community.
You may also be interested in: