For over 40 years, Ometz has offered schools cutting-edge support services founded on evidence-based knowledge and best practices.
Ometz professionals bring expertise and resources on the culture and climate of school systems, child development, psychosocial development, family functioning and academic performance.
Our team of clinical supervisors and school counsellors strive to design and implement tailor-made responses to needs.
Our school counsellors, speech therapists, occupational therapists and group workers collaborate with school staff so that students are encouraged and supported to do their very best.
This team ensures your school will get comprehensive and state-of-the-art support programs that fit with your educational agenda.
We are committed to enriching and improving all aspects of a child’s emotional, social and cognitive development.
Directors: Join our peer group for preschool directors by contacting Cheryl Rappaport (info below).
Ometz also offers specialized services and supports that emphasize school readiness and early intervention to help bring out the best in young children. These supports include:
- Speech and language/gross and fine motor screenings and assessments
- Parenting workshops
- Self-regulation skill building curricula for young children
- Crisis intervention services
- Consultation for educators on child development and behavior
Our multilingual team can offer specialized consultation and supervision for mental health professionals in schools.
- Professional supervision and networking opportunities for mental health professionals in schools
- Consultations with administrators or educators around individual and global psychosocial issues
- Crisis intervention
- School-based educational, skill-building and intervention groups for students or classrooms: study and organizational skills, stress management and coping skills, dealing with risk
Ometz school workshops are a powerful tool to help children and teens navigate their preschool, elementary and high school years. We also offer workshops for teachers, school personnel and parents.
Professionals facilitate a variety of workshops with the goal of students and adults alike becoming more social, empathic and resilient.
Click here to learn more.
Ometz parenting groups provide a safe, informal, confidential space for parents to share and explore various parenting issues and coping strategies.
Organized by age and/or topic, they focus on awareness and prevention, helping parents navigate difficult topics, gain confidence in their decisions and approach, and support their child(ren) through every stage.
Click here to learn more.
Ometz runs professional development programs for educators on the topics of building the ideal culture and climate, and classroom management.
For more information, contact:
Erica Sweett at 514.345.6485
Cheryl Rappaport at 514.342.0000 ext.3467