A vibrant, growing community where people care for themselves and each other.
Agence Ometz is a Jewish human services agency offering social, employment and immigration services to help people fulfill their potential and to secure the growth and vibrancy of the Montreal community.
Reaching more than 13,000 people annually, we provide intervention, prevention, support services and programs to enhance your quality of life.
- Services for Youth and Young Adults offer support, guidance and learning so that our children and youth grow up healthy, happy and safe—and prepared to transition into adulthood successfully and with confidence. We also provide a range of customized services for schools to help enrich a child’s experience in the classroom.
- The Ometz Counselling Centre helps families, couples, and individuals manage the stresses of unforeseen events and the challenges of everyday life. Counselling is available in English, French, Hebrew, Spanish and Russian.
- Employment Services provide job seekers with a range of services, from skills training to job search assistance.
- Services for Employers help you find qualified candidates with specialized skills. For entrepreneurs, we offer a range of business consulting services to help start or grow your business.
- Services for Newcomers help new arrivals to Montreal establish their lives in Canada through a range of services, from integration activities to employment services.
- Community Services help with short-term crisis intervention or provide ongoing guidance and support to individuals and families looking to regain control of their lives.
- Training & Workshops provide skills development and employability training for job seekers, employers and professionals. Online resources, access to information, career development, industry trends, and computer and language training are just some of the training opportunities offered at Ometz.
For over 150 years, Ometz has been serving the needs of the Jewish community of Montreal. Beginning as three separate agencies, Jewish Employment Montreal (JEM), Jewish Family Services (JFS) and Jewish Immigration Aid Services (JIAS) joined together in 2008 to form the organization that we know as Ometz, or “Courage” in English Our mission is to deliver accessible, confidential, personalized, and culturally sensitive community services based on Jewish values. Our staff members are responsive, compassionate, engaged and inspiring—and sensitive to the cultural and language needs of our diverse community. Our vision is to build a vibrant, growing community where people care for themselves and each other.
Looking ahead, our goal at Ometz is to continue to be a source of strength and help our clients find the courage to reach their full potential.
We are guided by the words of Maimonides: “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.”
Ometz is the Hebrew word for courage and is a reflection of the courage of those who seek our support in transforming their lives. Our work is guided by the following core values:
- Self-Sufficiency: By engaging our clients—whether individuals or families—to actively participate in the choices that lead to a more productive, meaningful life.
- Inclusivity: By welcoming and embracing everyone, without regard to race, religion, language, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other factor.
- Human Dignity: By appreciating the uniqueness of each individual and interacting with sensitivity, empathy and non-judgment.
- Caring Communities: By creating social, emotional and cultural links, often with community partners, to engage those who might otherwise be isolated or feel disconnected.
- Excellence: By upholding the highest professional standards and committing to life-long learning, renewal and innovation.
At Ometz, you don’t have to go it alone
We provide a single point of entry to efficient, effective and connected community services. Our clients are better equipped to cope with life’s challenges because we work together as a community.
A source of strength
Ometz delivers accessible, confidential, personalized and culturally sensitive services based on Jewish values. Our staff members are responsive, compassionate, engaged and inspiring. They are also sensitive to the cultural and language needs of our clients.
Our goal is to be a source of strength and help our clients find the courage to reach their full potential.
You may also be interested in: