Difficult situations can happen to anyone, and no one ever expects to need social services.
But when the unexpected happens, Ometz is here for you.
Our mandate is to provide support to members of the Jewish community who find themselves in all kinds of vulnerable or crisis situations:
- You’re in an abusive relationship
- You’ve lost your job
- You have no idea how to manage your child’s behaviour
- You’re trying to put your life back together after the loss of a close relative
- You’re feeling overwhelmed because of your finances
Ometz provides a safe and confidential space where you get both a sympathetic ear and a comprehensive evaluation of your situation.
Together, we’ll create a plan to address your immediate and short-term issue. This plan will include referrals to our internal services or external services that can give you the help you need.
Our overall goal is to provide you with long-term planning tools so that you can independently manage your situation and move forward in life.
Ometz provides a wide range of services and support:
- Emergency support for family violence
- Counselling (family, couple, individual, child)
- Access to government services
- Specific help for at-risk youth
- Advocacy to help you obtain social services (CLSC, housing) along with help to navigate these services
- Budgeting guidance and help
- Job referrals and job readiness workshops
To access our crisis services, you can call and leave a message, send us an email, or use the contact form below. Our offices are open between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. from Monday to Thursday and from 9:00 to 4:00 p.m. on Friday, and we will get back to you within one business day.
Email: [email protected]
Or use the contact form below
What our clients say:
“I found myself crying on the street, alone, desperate and with nowhere to turn. When I found Ometz, I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. The team at Agence Ometz made me feel pride and hope, and they never gave up on me. I’ll never forget the words of my counsellor, who said ‘You’re going to make it.’ Those words changed my life. Thank you so much.”
If you are experiencing a crisis or emergency and need to contact someone outside of our office hours, contact your local CLSC:
List of CLSCs in the Montreal region
You may also be interested in