Start with a strong community
As you go through the process to immigrate to Montreal, Ometz can provide essential referrals, guidance and support to help you make a new life with the tools you need. Our goal is to help you settle and integrate into our larger community.
Visits and referrals for people immigrating to Montreal:
- Exploratory visit: During this one-on-one information meeting, newcomers can find out about local Montreal neighbourhoods and schools. You can learn about the local Jewish community, find out about employment services, and get a referral to an external professional.
- We can also refer you to the right resource for questions about how to sponsor a spouse or relative, get permanent residence status, or get a work permit.
These four sessions cover topics that really matter to you:
- Session 1: Find out what Ometz does and how to access public services, like medical services and the child tax benefit.
- Session 2: Discover Montreal's Jewish community.
- Session 3: Find out how to network and get a job.
- Session 4: Learn about your rights and responsibilities as a newcomer to Canada.
Settlement services and integration activities
- Cultural, social and educational activities
- Jewish holiday celebrations such as Hanukkah
- Family trips and outings, often with a cultural component
- Young adult social and networking activities with local Montrealers
- Activities for children
Are you a newcomer from France? Learn more about the France Initiative.
You can also visit our page of links to other community and government sites and services: Immigration Resources
Ometz is accredited by the Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Diversité et de l'Inclusion (Quebec's ministry of immigration) to provide these settlement and integration support services.
For more information about our services, contact us at: